Passover Chocolate Cake from Ann Adelman.
- 7 eggs, separated
- ¾ cup boiling water
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup matzoh cake meal
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- Mix cocoa and boiling water together. Let cool.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Mix well.
- Add oil, egg yoks and cocoa mixture. Beat till glossy.
- Beat egg whites till stiff.
- Fold cocoa mixture into egg white mixture carefully.
- Using a 10-inch tube pan, bake at 325 degrees for one hour; then at 350 degrees for 10 minutes more.
- Invert the pan until the cake cools.