Sweet and Sour Meatballs from Hannah Cohen.
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 medium onion
- 1 number 2 can tomatoes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- Juice of one lemon
- Combine beef, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and egg.
- Form into balls and brown in pan with 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil. Remove from pan.
- Sauté diced onions to golden brown and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook sauce 30-45 minutes until it tastes properly seasons.
- Place meatballs in sauce and simmer on top of stove for two hours longer.